Pages

Saturday, 1 September 2012

Got me a Blog!

Whew! The guys who told me that creating and starting a blog is "easy-as" haven't tried doing it using Blogger/BlogSpot.  Gee, the hoops and hurdles to get this blog going can rival the olympics.

Apparently, Blogger (a Google product) has automated gremlins doing the filtering of those blogs they think would just populate this world with spam. 

https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT5O_e-zR_ZfMRr7_LaMDQI99CJAWyb9bIo4r9hZji34nYrfT6GdA
A gremlin trying to judge my intent...
I love the title I came up with for this blog: couchpotatokids - it represents what I think the kids of this generation is ending up as.  But noooo.... Google thinks I'm a spammer - and that's even BEFORE I had a chance to write anything.

Great start!

Well, it took a few clicks and a lengthy explanation (the contents of which I won't divulge anymore as it could start a war), the good gremlins, er, pixies at Google let me keep my blog and my precious pride.

So, thanks Google, thanks Blogger - I got me a blog.  Thanks for being free, thanks for holding the fort to defend the world from crazy spammers (aka bloggers).

Now, if only I could forward this blog to millions of emails I got from this guy down at fiverr dot com.... Just joking Google. I know, I know, I've read your T&C's.


No comments:

Post a Comment